Cybersport Betting Strategies
Cybersports most commonly known as eSports has taken a massive rise in the last decade. eSports has garnered a lot of popularity as a lot of tournaments are held every year by various companies. It contributes massively to the rising number of followers interested in it.
With the growing rate of support and audience in recent years, betting has also been introduced to eSports as well. People can now bet on their favorite team or player online. In this article, we will be taking a dive into the best cybersport betting strategies that will bolster your chances of winning. Let’s go!
Some Cybersport Betting Systems that work
We have discovered that finding out the best cybersport betting strategy that works can be a little overwhelming and complicated for bettors; especially when you see an esports match with over 30 available bet options. Here are some of the best cybersport betting systems:
The Moneyline Bet
Moneyline bet also known as “Straight up” simply refers to the bet placed on the team you predict will win a match.
In a situation where Team Solobird and Team GOT are up against each other in a battle, you can decide to place a straight up on either of these two teams depending on whom you think will end up winning the match
- It is so easy to understand and even direct for beginners
- You do not need to possess any previous knowledge about the team you bet on
- It becomes more difficult to wager on a particular team if both teams possess similar or equal skills
Most Kills Bet
This is a bit complex compared to their esport wagers. For Most Kills Bet, it is important you have knowledge and solid understanding of the game mechanics and how it works. In this case, the winner of the match is not exactly determined by the one with the highest number of kills.
In Valorant or Overwatch, a team could record fewer kills than their opponent and still end up winning 1the match or contest. If a team possesses a cast of powerful heroes, there is a good chance that they would hit a pretty high number of kills.
Also, familiarity with the player cast and their individual abilities can go a long way in helping you gamble smartly as certain heroes possess skills that indicate a killing spree.
- With prior knowledge of the game mechanics, you stand a better chance of winning as you are aware of the bets that could favor you
- In most cases the team that looks favorite to win a match is very likely going to end up with the most kills.
- The favorite to win does not directly mean you will record the highest number of kills therefore a prior understanding is needed when gambling on Most Kills Bet.
Esports also packs a more complex Totals bet just like any other sport. This specific type does not focus on the eventual result or outcome of a match; rather you pick a particular number and pick whether the total game would end up being over or under the number.
For instance, In a game such as Call Of Duty (COD), a wager can be placed on the “Total hero Kills” then you can decide to gamble on the number of kills and whether the result would be “over” or “under” that number.
- This strategy is pretty simple and direct especially when playing a certain game
- The odds placed on this are most times better than the ones placed on straight win wager.
- Certain factors can influence a game and prevent it from falling within the value expected.
Due to the rise of many tournaments held every year, map betting has been included in offers. This basically allows you to wager on an exact result for every game round.
Map betting also involves a certain level of knowledge on the favorites which allows you to know what to gamble on. For instance, if you are certain Team Kevin is a team that has a low chance of losing after 15 kills, you can wager on Team Kevin going all the way. You can also decide to combine bets with higher odds rather than just playing a singlet bet
- It is easy to win in map betting as long as you are sure and confident in a particular
- You are able to combine bets which also boosts your profit
- Initial knowledge is needed on the favorite teams that dominate
- Things could go sideways irrespective of early domination by a team.
Read also: 5 Tennis betting systems that actually work
3 Cybersport Strategies that Don’t Work
As important as it is to have a cybersport betting system that works, it is equally essential that you know the ones that might not favor you so you do not end up losing money. Here are some of the betting types you should avoid:
System bets allow you to place multiple bets on a particular game coming in ranges such as doubles and so on. The system bet however is not as high paying as accumulator bets which you get in other sport games.
You get the option to predict whether the games won, enemies killed will hold an odd or even number in this type of betting. However, this is a 50/50 chance which is a bigger gamble compared to other betting types with low risk.
First Kill and First Blood
This kind of betting allows you to make a choice on whom you think gets killed in a particular match or game.
These bets require that you do plenty of research before you place a wager in order to have knowledge about previous games and teams that have dominated in the past which can be quite tasking for players.
7 Tips to Win Cybersport Bets
- Get a professional tipster
- Follow up on teams that dominate in the sport
- Stick to the Esports games you know and are familiar with
- You can get free betting tips and advice from “Streamers” which is a great source
- Make sure your bookie is licensed as certain bookmakers can have tempting offers
- Watch out for bonus promotions that help you get good returns
- Study reviews
Read also: 5 Nascar betting systems
The most popular top tier esports around are League of Legends, Overwatch and Valorant with other games such as PUBG, FORTNITE and so on garnering their own massive audience.
Esports is also known as Cybersport or vice versa but Esports is the commonly acknowledged name.
As long as it is licensed in your country, betting on Esports is 100% legal
Cybersports betting has really been embraced in the last decade. Keep your Bets simple if you do not have past information or knowledge on certain teams. Also avoid games you aren’t familiar with to minimize risks.